Start saving with a smart meter.
You can track your energy usage with My Utilita, helping you manage your cash flow and your budget. When you know how much energy you’re using, it’s easier to reduce your usage and your bills by becoming more energy efficient.Get a Quote
- What is a smart meter and how does it work? A smart meter uses the latest technology to put you in control of your energy usage and spend. They come with a portable screen called the Smart Display and are usually situated where your old meters were.
- Will a smart meter save me money? Smart meters, via the Smart Display, provide real-time updates of your energy usage and convert it into pounds and pence. By adjusting your behaviour to use less energy day-to-day based on feedback received from your smart meter’s Smart Display, you could save on your bill.
- Who will install my smart meter? They are installed at no extra cost by our expert engineers.
- Do I have to have a smart meter? Utilita Business Energy customers are required to have a smart meter installed.
- Are smart meters safe? Smart meters are one of the safest pieces of technology in your business. According to Public Health England (PHE), the exposure to low frequency emissions from smart meters is lower than that caused by appliances such as microwaves and TVs. Smart meters are also covered by EU and UK safety legislation, which means they have undergone rigorous testing.